Our Goal at Montana Rail Link Is to Be the Best of the Best.
If you exemplify our company values of fairness, integrity, respect, safety and trust, please consider becoming part of our team.
Montana Rail Link has entry level positions available for people interested in starting a railroad career. Although there may not be a current opening, the following is provided to assist you in determining hiring windows in your area of interest:
- Track Laborers: A group of 20-30 new employees is hired each spring to work on maintenance of 937 miles of track. If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, monitor our web site in January and February.
- Signal Apprentice: The career path for these positions leads to becoming a Signal Maintainer through a combination of on-the-job training and schooling. Openings are occasional and can become available at any time.
- Switchman Trainees: These positions are usually available once per year. Based on workforce needs (demands), the job posting can occur at any time. Classes consist of 20-30 new employees who all start on the same day.
- Electrical and Mechanical Apprentices: Apprenticeship positions for rail equipment maintenance include Carman Apprentice, Machinist Apprentice or Electrician Apprentice. Openings usually occur in preparation for upcoming retirements and may occur at any time.
- Extra Board Clerks: These are "as needed" positions to fill in for regularly scheduled clerks. Applicant must be available to work all shifts. Openings are occasional and can become available at any time.